CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques– Every competitive or entrance exam tests the elementary math skills of a candidate.
Skills in this category have a difficulty level of the 10th standard. CLAT is no exception to this. CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is conducted by the consortium of NLUs, a group of 22 esteemed law universities. These universities being the pioneers in legal education in our country are dream educational institutes for many students as soon as they clear the 12th standard.
To get into these colleges, a candidate has to go through CLAT, one of the most popular entrance exams for law colleges. CLAT exam paper comes with five sections, one of which is QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES.
Quantitative techniques are weighted 10%. However, one cannot neglect this section and lose marks because it carries the least weight. This section may be a deciding factor for those aiming for prestigious NLUs. Even a single mark matters when your dream college, a complete year, and your rank are at stake.
The consortium has changed the name of elementary math to quantitative technique. As the name implies, it is not simply meant to test candidates’ fundamental skills, but also their knowledge of tricks and techniques to solve the question quickly because the exam is simply a race against time.
Students tend to leave this section because of their fear of math, and secondly, it is the least weighted section. In this blog, we aim to break the mental shackles of a student regarding this section as far as CLAT preparation is concerned and how well you can manage your preparation for quantitative techniques for CLAT 2022 or 2023 for that matter.
Let’s dive in.
CLAT 2022 QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES: SYLLABUS
By thoroughly understanding the syllabus before you begin the preparation, you will save a lot of time. Comprehension-based questions can also be seen in the quantitative techniques section.
The CLAT quantitative technique’s 2022 syllabus is listed below:
– Number theory and basic arithmetic
– Averages and Percentages
– Ratio and Proportion
– Mixtures and alligations
– Time and work
– Time, distance, and speed
– Fractions and equations
– Monetary evaluations
– Permutation and combinations
The above-mentioned topics are the core areas of the CLAT 2022 quantitative technique. These are the topics from which a candidate can expect questions.
There will be follow-up questions based on comprehension.
CLAT 2022 QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES: EXAM PATTERN
The exam pattern of the CLAT 2022 Quantitative technique section is described as under:
|Particulars||CLAT Quantitative Techniques Pattern|
|Type of questions||Passages followed by MCQs|
|Number of reading passages||3-4 comprehensions of 300 words each|
|Marking||One mark for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||-0.25 for incorrect answer|
|Approximate weightage in CLAT exam||10%|
Correct answers will receive a +1 mark and incorrect answers will receive a 0.25 mark deduction. There will be a total of 13-17 questions, each carrying one mark, giving equal weightage to each question. The section will include short sets of facts, propositions, graphs, pictorial representations, etc. The candidate has to derive answers from such passages, representations, etc.
CLAT SAMPLE QUESTIONS FOR CLAT 2022:
Given below are the profit, loss, and discount percentages of five health drinks along with the marked price. Interpret the table given below and answer the questions that follow.
1. Boost’s discount rate is what percentage of Horlick’s discount rate?
2. What is the difference between the total market price of all 5 brands and the total selling price of all five brands?
3. If Bournvita’s profit % is decreased by 20% and Complan’s loss % is increased by 20% then what is the approximate difference between the marked price of Item Bournvita and Complan?
4. What is the discount rate of Milo?
5. What is the ratio between the market price of Bournvita and the marked price of Complan?
- 7 : 3
- 4: 5
- 5 : 3
- 4: 7
As the Coronavirus outbreak in India started, the Government declared an indefinite lockdown. A large number of laborers from Uttam Pradesh who had moved to Indraprastha for work were unable to head back home. The government made certain arrangements to send them back home via roadways because the trains were not running. One-fifth of the total laborers were sent in a full-sized pickup truck. Of the remaining, three-fourth were sent through various buses arranged by Indraprastha Transport Corporation. It was then decided that the remaining were to be sent by the private cars hired by Government and finally 20 cars with 5 people each was sent in the end.
Q. What is the total number of laborers that were sent back from Indraprastha?
c ) 500
d ) 800
Q . How many employees were sent using the various buses arranged by Indraprastha Transport Corporation?
b ) 100
c ) 800
d ) 500
Q . What percentage of laborers would have been left behind in case the buses and the cars were not arranged?
c ) 80%
d ) 82%
Q After they reached their destination, one-fourth of the total laborers headed home on foot. Of the remaining, three-fifth of the laborers subscribed to a paid lodge cum mess on a per-day basis. The remaining of them arranged raw materials from local people and prepared their meals. The total amount paid to the Lodge cum mess for one day was Rs. 11250. What is the rate for one person for one day?
a ) 25
b ) 50
c ) 60
d ) 40
Q times those who were sent back decided to stay back. If out of the total number of laborers present in Indraprastha, 3/5 are construction workers. Of the remaining, 2/3 are house help and the rest are the road vendors, what is the ratio of construction workers to vendors?
a ) 5:3
b ) 4:5
c ) 9:2
d ) 7:3
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques: Important Topics
Some of the important CLAT topics that candidates should prepare for the Quantitative Techniques section include:
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Basic algebra
- Time, Distance, and Work
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques: Important Books
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publications
- 30 days wonder for Maths by S Chand
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson
- S Chand’s 30 Days Wonder for Maths
- Class 10 NCERT book
- Quantitative Aptitude ebook (All Parts Solved) by RS Aggarwal
Highlights of CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques
|Number of questions asked||13 – 17|
|Weightage||8.66 – 11.33%|
|Type of questions asked||The section will include:
These items will be followed by a series of questions
|Skills tested||The section will test the candidate’s ability to:
|Question areas||Number theory and basic arithmetic
Averages and Percentages
Ratio and Proportion
Mixtures and alligations
Time and work
Time, distance, and speed
Fractions and equations
Permutation and combinations
|Difficulty level||10th standard|
CLAT 2022 Preparation Tips for Quantitative Techniques
- Getting the basics right: Quantitative Techniques section tests your basics. It is imperative to brush up on your skills before attempting this exam. One should go through the NCERT 8th standard if the 10th standard feels a tad bit tough.
- Practice: Only practice is gonna help you sail in this ocean. The key to success in the Quantitative Techniques section is practicing NCERT questions and mock tests. Candidates should assign at least one hour each day to solve Quantitative Techniques questions of Class 10 difficulty level.
- CLAT question papers: Once candidates are over practicing enough questions from each topic of Quantitative Techniques, they should attempt previous years’ CLAT question papers and sample papers. Candidates are advised to particularly solve CLAT 2021 question paper and CLAT 2020 question paper to get themselves acquainted with the new CLAT exam pattern.
- Learn shortcuts: When it comes to entrance exams, learning shortcuts to solve questions and calculations becomes extremely important. By using shortcuts, candidates will be able to solve the questions much more quickly than before, thereby, allowing them to complete other sections in precise time as well.
- Focus on accuracy: Candidates must ensure that all the calculations they do in the exam are 100 percent accurate. Since there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks, making silly calculation errors can cost a lot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q: How many questions come in CLAT from the Quantitative Techniques section?
A: About 13-17 questions are asked from the Quantitative Techniques section of the CLAT exam.
Q: Which are the important topics to prepare for CLAT Quantitative Techniques section?
A: Some of the important CLAT Quantitative Techniques topics that candidates should pay attention to include:
- Ratios and Proportions
- Time and Work
- Are two months enough to prepare for CLAT 2022?
- Yes, with a strategic preparation of two months, candidates can crack CLAT 2022 easily.
- What are the main subjects of the CLAT 2022 question paper?
- CLAT question paper is based on English, Logical Reasoning, Legal Reasoning, Current Affairs including GK, and Quantitative Techniques (based on class 10 mathematics)